Saturday, August 10, 2013

Good Girl Gone Bad: Spika

Hi Everyone!

Hopefully you all had a wonderful Saturday! Today we mostly had a ball with my son, Xzavier, who turned 4 years old today. He was counting down the days since last years birthday LOL. Finished my card earlier but hadn't gotten online that much as I started getting these weird and horrible headaches (that was the only thing that sucked today.) Anyway, won't keep you long with my chatter... Here is one of Betty Roberts' mermaids Spika the "Evil Mermaid." To me she just looks like she's a little bad... maybe mad but not evil. LOL

You can get here here:
 http://simplybstamps.net/item_2268/Spika-the-Bad-Mermaid-Digi.htm
I bought her as part of the mermaid bundle http://simplybstamps.net/item_2275/Mermaids-Bundle-Digis.htm not realizing this was also the freebie at the Simply B Stamps monthly chanllege. LOL Too quick to buy eh?

Okay on to the challenge "Good vs. Evil" to choose the good/nice one or choose the evil/mad looking one. I had to challenge myself make my mermaid a bada**. ha!

I drew a mouth cavity of a Shark and it's Teeth (30,000 teeth or whatever it may be they get in their lifetime LOL) as her little "cave" for all of her kills... and her treasure.

The skull and skeleton paper is from Delicious Doodles and it's called Pile O' Bones
http://deliciousdoodles.blogspot.com/2013/07/pile-o-bones-paper.html

I drew the treasure box myself but bought a the skull with crown is from Rick St. Dennis "Treason Skull" https://www.etsy.com/listing/128011357/treason-skull-digi?ref=pr_shop
 I used Copic markers, Spectrum Noir marks and Prismacolor pencils 
to color my images. The bones I printed on a cream cardstock then sort of shaded with Distress ink
and or with prismacolor pencils.
 I added gems and Copic Atyou glitter to make it more fun
I hope you liked my bad girl mermaid I had so much fun coloring her.
Go to the link bellow at the end of the challenge you can vote for your favorite mermaid ;)

Thanks for stopping by.


http://laineyscraftyspace-justforfun.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/just-for-fun-first-challenge.html
Anything goes first challenge

http://milkcoffeechallenge.blogspot.com/2013/08/show-us-those-coloring-skills.html
show coloring skills

http://blog.markerpop.com/2013/08/05/markerpop-challenge-28/
anything goes

http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/challenge-79-anything-goes-w-twist-of.html
Anything goes with Markers

11 comments:

  1. She is just amazing!!! Love how her tail and hair are so colorful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing coloring and I love the shark jaws that your drew! Fab project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing project !! The colors are just amazing !!

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is very artistic and the jaws look great. The colors on her fins and hair are so pretty.
    Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous, brilliant image and papers. Thank you for joining us at Just for Fun, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome shark's mouth drawing and colouring, this looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice...Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge this week... HUGS...SK :)
    SKdigis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool!!! Thanks for participating in the www.7kidscollegefund.com challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow fantastic colour and image. Thanks for joining over at Just for fun challenge JFF DT .

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fab i love it,
    Thanks for joining us over at Just For Fun this month, good luck with the challenge.
    Hugs
    Marie (DT Member for JFF)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya